It makes me ache inside of my soul for moments to be so fleeting. I was trying to use this blog to chronicle the memories of my chapter of marriage, and have been lacking the time to remember and write about these moments. But then again I guess its a good thing that I've been so busy living, that I haven't been writing.
Most days I can't remember how old I am.
How weird is that?
It's like after you hit 21, there aren't any other big milestones you are looking forward to.
Who says, "I can't wait to be 24 because thats an awesome age!" ?
YeAH, no one ever.
Oh Nsync just came on pandora...dance break time.
So to stop and slow down, here are some fill in the blanks that I'm going to answer and savor.
And probably make hot cocoa with marshmallows afterwards
Because Baby its cold outside!
1. My favorite feeling in all the world is when my tummy is full of good food, and can snuggle up with my hubby to take a nap and not have a care in the world.
2. My favorite smell is fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. And pumpkin pie. And maybe apple pie too because of the cinnamon. Can you tell its lunch time?
3. My favorite taste is chocolate for sure. Can't go a day without it!
4. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen was -so far- would have to be the mountains in Asheville, NC. it was the first time I've ever seen the fall foliage and the view was just breath taking. I should say I've seen many great sunsets on the beach back home too.
5. The best sound ever is hearing a room of thousands of people singing praises to Jesus Christ. It's been awhile since its brought me to tears, but it makes me eager for heaven!
6. A smell that reminds me of my childhood is mothballs? I think thats part of the distinct smell from my Nana White's house. I miss those times being little and playing at her huge house back in NC. We would go up every summer for a month until I was 12 when she moved down to Fl. Her house still had somewhat of that smell, but more memories were associated up north.
7. My favorite of all the senses is sound. I just adore music so much, it really puts my soul at ease at times. I've grown up with music all around me and would miss it so much. Also the tough times when Tim was deployed, reading letters was great, but his voice made it feel so much more real.
Well, I hope to write more about the last few weeks.
I have to say living up here is so different than in Louisiana or Fl. The weather has been so much colder and that has allowed me to open up to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Shocking, I know. I have been wearing all my winter clothes already in fall, so I may need to buy more sweaters for the winter that is yet to come. I do have to say that I'm so happy to be here. In Northern Virginia. Months ago I was scared that Tim wouldn't find a job. But God has provided so much for us, and its good for us to be here.
Have a happy wednesday